You are hereBlogs
John Rhea, the New York City Housing Authority's chairman, talks on The Brian Lehrer Show, WNYC, about their new strategic plan to -- including selling off air-rights and other strategies to raise revenue to support the city's public housing.
Rabbi Dr Bradley Shavit Artson argues that the moral requirment to honor human dignity requires that society look beyond a rigid adherence to the efficient law of supply and demand to meet the needs of people in society; especially those of society's vulnerable.
Read his essay in the Huffington Post.
This guide aims to help persons of low income gain an understanding of the options available when it comes to finding affordable housing and getting a mortgage. By the end of this guide the reader should have a better grasp of the following:
- The advantages and disadvantages of home ownership for low income earners.
- How to determine whether the home you are interested in really is affordable.
- The process for finding, getting a contract on, and closing on your new home.
- The responsibility for budgeting for incidentals.
- Considerations regarding homelessness and home ownership.
- Programs that may help you achieve your dream of home ownership.
Read more at Housing and Mortgages on Affordable Housing